Why is the Artstor Digital Library perfect for secondary schools?
The Artstor Digital Library's world-class collections bring arts, the humanities, and social studies to life in the classroom. Our images are accompanied by authoritative data and are supported with teaching resources and tools that make the presentation and study of world cultural heritage quick and easy. And, unlike textbooks, we are continuously growing and evolving – putting an unequalled breadth of educational, rights-cleared images at your fingertips.
2.8+ million high-quality images and authoritative supporting information
- Find art and architecture from the greatest museums in the world, including the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Louvre, the National Gallery in London, and many more
- Discover world cultures with art and artifacts from Latin America, Europe, Asia, Africa, West Asia, and Asia Pacific
- Help students meet college-level Visual Literacy expectations
Resources created especially for secondary schools
Tools for teaching and learning
- Fulfill the AP® Art History, U.S. History, and European History curricular requirements with our expert-created AP® Teaching Resources
- View and download curated image groups of art and architecture by periods, cultures, and themes, as well as of a broad array of interdisciplinary subjects including African American Studies, Music, Religion, and World History
- Be confident that all our images are cleared for use in education and come with reliable source information
- Integrate the Artstor Digital Library with your institution's LMS
- Increase discoverability through the Primo Central Index, EBSCO Discovery ServiceTM, Paratext's 19th Century, Masterfile, and Serials Solutions®' SummonTM service
- Automatically generate PowerPoint presentations
- Easily download citations
- Zoom in to see fine image details and compare multiple images in our fullscreen viewer
- Print images to display anywhere at school
- Create, annotate, and share image groups for study or homework assignments on any mobile device
Try the Artstor Digital Library for free
Sign up for a free 30-day trial at your institution and find out firsthand why more than 1,800 institutions around the world subscribe.
AP® and Advanced Placement® is a trademark registered and/or owned by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this website.