The following system configurations are recommended for the optimal use of the ARTstor Digital Library and the Offline Image Viewer (OIV) presentation software.
- A high-speed internet connection (not a dial-up connection);
- Flash Player version 6.0 or later installed (Learn how to install Flash Player);
- Pop-up blockers are either disabled or configured to allow pop-up windows from www.artstor.org. (Learn how to disable pop-up blockers);
- Cookies are enabled in your browser (Learn more about cookies);
- Monitor resolution is set at 1280 x 1024 pixels or higher (Learn more about screen settings);
- Screen colors are set to True Color (32 bit) or better (Learn more about screen settings).
|Microsoft IE 7.0+2
OS 10.5 (Leopard)
OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
OS 10.7 (Lion)
OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
Offline Image Viewer (OIV) compatibility 3.1
|Platform||Memory||Processor speed||Operating system|
|800 MHz (required)
1.2 GHz (recommended)
Configuring institutional IT settings to support ARTstor
ARTstor domains (*.artstor.org and *.artstor.net) must be added to the bypass lists on your proxy and firewall.
A proxy server is a computer that acts as an intermediary between a remote user and the electronic resources available at a particular institution. When a user logs in via proxy, it forwards requests to the library's licensed resources, making it appear as if the user is working on-campus and therefore coming from a valid IP address.
Proxy servers must be configured to work with ARTstor.
If you are using EZProxy, please see ARTstor Help for configuration settings and troubleshooting.
1 You will need to add www.artstor.org as a trusted site in IE version 7.0+ to access all features in the Image Viewer.
2 Macintosh users running Rosetta with Shockwave must turn off this feature to use the Digital Library. You may have to enable Java in browsers running on Mac OSX 10.5 and 10.6 and you may have to install and enable Java on browsers running on Mac OSX 10.7 and 10.8. Please note that Chrome does not support Java 7; Chrome is a 32-bit browser and the latest version of Java runs only on 64-bit browsers.
3 For stability and support issues ARTstor does not support browsers in beta.