New Version of the Offline Image Viewer Available
he latest release of the ARTstor Offline Image Viewer (version 2.5) contains additional features and enhanced functionality that were not available in previous versions of the software. Many of the new features are a direct result of user feedback and recommendations. In addition to all of the functionality of previous versions, the new release of the Offline Image Viewer will include the following new features:
- Users can now print slides from the Slide Editor panel;
- Images displayed in the Image Palette can be adjusted to display a caption of title and creator with each image, no caption or all descriptive information;
- Shapes such as circles, squares and arrows can be added to a slide;
- Colors, borders, and shading can be added to those shapes;
- The User Preferences now permits users to select defaults for new slides such as background color and font size, type and color;
- For those users connecting to the Internet from a valid IP address, the OIV will re-authenticate automatically; they will not have to manually renew the ARTstor certificate every thirty days;
- Finally, Mac users will see greatly improved performance in speed when opening and progressing through presentations.
To download your new copy, click on the “Search and Browse for Images” link on the ARTstor home page and enter the Digital Library. In order to access the software, you will need to log on to your ARTstor user account first. Once logged on, click on the “Tools” toolbar button and select the option for “Download Offline Viewer “. You will be prompted to accept the Terms and Conditions of Use before downloading the software. Click on the “Accept” button to proceed.
You’ll see a window in which all currently available versions of the OIV will be listed. The recommended version for your workstation will be pre-selected for you. To download a previous version of the OIV or the version for a different operating system, click on the appropriate radio button. Click on the “Submit” button to begin your download. A pop-up window will appear prompting you to choose between opening and saving the new file. Click on the “Save” button and select a location on your computer to which you would like to save the file. The default location is your desktop. Please note, the download can take some time on slower internet connections. For detailed instructions on how to install the OIV, please visit the page Installing the OIV 2.5 on our online help website.