Collection agreement: Medieval Stained Glass from Madeline Caviness
Artstor is collaborating with Madeline Caviness, Mary Richardson Professor Emerita at Tufts University, to digitize approximately 1,400 images of medieval stained glass windows. The collection offers extensive coverage of French stained glass, particularly from the cathedrals in Chartres, Reims, and Sens, as well as stained glass from Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, and several other European countries. This collection of original color photographs of stained glass has been a core teaching collection for Caviness, as well as for major institutions such as the Institute of Fine Arts, New York University.
For more detailed information about this collection, visit the Madeline Caviness: Medieval Stained Glass collection page.
Related collections in Artstor:
- Corpus Vitrearum Medii Aevi of Great Britain Collection
- Hartill Archive of Architecture and Allied Arts
- QTVR Panoramas of World Architecture (Columbia University)
- Clarence Ward Archive (National Gallery of Art, Department of Image Collections)
- Manuscripts and Early Printed Books (Bodleian Library, Oxford University)