New collection agreement: American and European Architecture from Dov Friedman
Photographer Dov Friedman is contributing approximately 1,500 images depicting architectural works in the United States and Europe to the ARTstor Digital Library. This collection will focus on historic architecture of New York City, as well as sites in Central and Eastern Europe. In addition to documenting architecture in cities such as Vienna, Austria and Budapest, Hungary, Friedman has also photographed the painted monasteries of the Bucovina region in northeastern Romania. Built in the 15th and 16th centuries, Orthodox monasteries, such as Dragomirna, Putna, and Sucevita, are adorned with exceptional exterior and interior frescos. Considered masterpieces of Byzantine art, seven of the monasteries were added to the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1993.
For more detailed information about this collection, visit the Dov Friedman: American and European Architecture collection page.
- Hartill Archive of Architecture and Allied Arts
- QTVR Panoramas of World Architecture (Columbia University)
- Wang and Long Archives (School of Architecture, The University of Texas at Austin)
- Contemporary Architecture, Urban Design, and Public Art (ART on FILE Collection)
- Clarence Ward Archive (National Gallery of Art, Department of Image Collections)