New collection agreement: The Trout Gallery (Dickinson College)
Artstor is collaborating with The Trout Gallery, the art museum at Dickinson College, to share approximately 6,000 images of works in its permanent collection in the Digital Library. Located in the Emil R. Weiss Center for the Arts, the museum houses the college’s collection of art and anthropological artifacts, which spans ancient through contemporary periods. The collection comprises more than 6,000 objects, with particular strengths in American and European prints from the 19th through 20th centuries, as well as photography, West African sculpture, Asian art, and Native American and Oceanic objects.
The Trout Gallery was founded in 1983 by sisters Ruth A. Trout (class of 1936) and Helen E. Trout, in honor of their parents, Mr. and Mrs. Brook Trout. It serves the Dickinson College and central-Pennsylvania community through the collection, preservation, display, and interpretation of works from its permanent collection, in conjunction with temporary exhibitions from lending institutions.
For more detailed information about this collection, visit The Trout Gallery (Dickinson College) collection page.