New features and updates in the Digital Library
In response to feedback from our user community, ARTstor has recently released new features and made updates to the Digital Library.
All registered users can now export image groups as Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 files in just a few clicks. When viewing an image group, look for the Export to PowerPoint icon in the utility bar or click Tools > Export to PowerPoint. The resulting PowerPoint file will include:
- A title slide displaying the name of the image group
- Individual slides for each image in the group, in the order in which they appear in the image group
- ARTstor descriptive data for each image, appearing in the notes field of each slide
- Embedded hyperlinks in each image that will launch the ARTstor Image Viewer when clicked in presentation mode (requires web access)
Learn more about Export to PowerPoint.
ARTstor has also enhanced the functionality of the notes feature. Registered users can now add Rich Text formatted notes to individual images. The notes field will now allow users to:
- Insert hyperlinks to external websites
- Format notes with bold, italics, or underlined text
- Create lists with bullets or numbers
Learn more about notes.
Alongside these new features, the following updates have also been implemented: the return of the full-screen functionality of QuickTime Virtual Reality files (QTVRs); several requested changes to error messaging and the behavior in the Personal Collection management window; and the corrected display of saved details after they are exported to PowerPoint.