Winners of the ARTstor Travel Award 2011
Congratulations to the five winners of this year’s Artstor Travel Awards! They will each receive $1,500 to be used for their teaching and research travel needs over the course of the next year.
- Colette Apelian, Fine Art faculty, Berkeley City College: “Online Teaching and Architectural Solutions to Climate Problems in the Islamic World”
- Keri Cronin, Department of Visual Arts faculty, Brock University: “Picturing Animals”
- Jacquelyn DeLombard, Beginnings Pre-School owner/teacher, Philadelphia Museum of Art Teacher Resource Center volunteer: “Teaching Shapes, Colors and Size to Young Children”
- Julia Reinhard Lupton, Professor of English and Comparative Literature, The University of California, Irvine: “A Shakespeare Gallery”
- Elizabeth Perkins, Columbia University graduate student: “Artstor: Making the Case for ‘Real’ Paintings in the Classroom”
Artstor would like to thank all of the participants for their wonderful submissions. We are very inspired by the ways our community teach and study with the Digital Library, and we have learned from you new ways in which we can grow our collections and services. Your continued use and support of the Digital Library in your daily work is vital to the Artstor mission.
We received more than 100 submissions that revealed the many creative ways that scholars, curators, educators, and students at universities, community colleges, museums, K-12 schools, and libraries are integrating Artstor Digital Library image collections into their interdisciplinary teaching and research.