Now available: Mexican murals photographed by Mark Rogovin
Artstor is sharing more than 160 images of 20th century Mexican murals by Mark Rogovin in the Digital Library. Rogovin, an artist and community activist, worked with Mexican muralist David Alfaro Siqueiros (1896-1974) on his final mural, The March of Humanity on Earth and Towards the Cosmos, 1964-1971. Rogovin photographed the preparatory work completed in Siqueiros’ workshop in Cuernavaca and the final installation of the panels in Mexico City, as well as other murals by Mexico’s great muralists. This is the first release of a total of approximately 250 images to be included in the collection.
View the collection in the Digital Library: http://library.artstor.org/library/collection/rogovin_murals
For more detailed information about this collection, visit the Mark Rogovin: Mexican Murals collection page.
- Milton Rogovin: Social Documentary Photographs
- Modern Latin American Art (Jacqueline Barnitz, University of Texas at Austin)
- Latin American Art (Colección Patricia Phelps de Cisneros)
- Mexican Retablos (Jorge Durand and Douglas Massey)
- Community Murals (Timothy Drescher)
- Diego Rivera (Detroit Institute of Arts)
- Rescue Public Murals (Heritage Preservation)