Now available: Images of art and architecture from Europe and of the Metropolitan Museum of Art by William Keighley (The Metropolitan Museum of Art)
ARTstor Digital Library and The Metropolitan Museum of Art are sharing more than 2,700 images of art and architecture from cities in Austria, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, and Switzerland, and of the Museum itself and the Cloisters museum and gardens, photographed by William Keighley. This is the second release in this collection, which also includes approximately 1,000 images documenting the pilgrimage routes to Santiago de Compostela in northwestern Spain.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Image Library houses the complete collection created by William Keighley (1889-1984), which consists of approximately 35,000 35 mm color slides. Keighley donated his slide collection to the Museum to educate the public on the unique art and architectural heritage of select areas of the world.
View the collection: http://library.artstor.org/library/collection/metmuseum_keighley
or search the keywords: metmuseum keighley.
For more detailed information about this collection, visit The Metropolitan Museum of Art: William Keighley page
Other Collections from The Metropolitan Museum of Art:
- Clarence Ward Archive (National Gallery of Art, Department of Image Collections)
- Hartill Archive of Architecture and Allied Arts
- Plans of Ancient and Medieval Buildings and Archaeological Sites (Bryn Mawr College)
- QTVR Panoramas of World Architecture (Columbia University)
- Madeline Caviness: Medieval Stained Glass