The Top Ten Posts of 2013
We began the Artstor Blog in 2007 as a way to share collection news with our community. Over the years we’ve expanded it to include tips, collection highlights, videos, staff contributions, and guest posts from teachers, scholars, artists, and collection contributors.
As of today, we’ve logged more than half a million views. We’re grateful for your support – and we strive to improve. We have big plans for Artstor’s 10th anniversary that we think you will enjoy, and we’re always open to your suggestions.
In the meanwhile, here are the top ten most-visited posts of 2013, in order of popularity:
- Spring mysteries: Botticelli’s Primavera
- Michelangelo’s Last Judgment—uncensored
- Fashion from the Great Gatsby’s roaring twenties
- A closer look at Hans Holbein’s “The Ambassadors”
- Black History Month 2013
- How do you browse through 1.6 million images?
- Tsukioka Yoshitoshi’s “New Forms of 36 Ghosts”
- Art in context: installation photography
- A tip before finals: study with Artstor’s Flashcard feature
- Deir Mar Musa: from Byzantine watchtower to monastic compound