Friday links: time capsules, art and medicine, and a mayoral Christmas
Some stories we’ve been reading this week:
- We’re suckers for art movies, and can’t wait to see biopic Mr. Turner. Check out this blog post from the Royal Academy of Arts that gives background on the historical figures who appear in the film.
- And speaking of history, here’s a look at the contents of Paul Revere and Samuel Adams’ time capsule, opened this week by conservators at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
- Adorable and eco-friendly: see how students and teaching artists from Materials for the Arts helped Mayor de Blasio deck the halls this Christmas.
- Heraclitus had an abnormal knee? A look at how doctors are using canonical paintings to teach students about medical diagnosis. Spoiler: academic feuds between doctors and art historians ensue.
- Also related to the healing power of art, illustrators worldwide respond to Charlie Hebdo.