Friday Links: Da Vinci the cook, a happy Van Gogh, and a chicken-shaped church
Some stories we’ve been reading this week:
- “My painting and my sculpture will stand comparison with that of any other artist… And I make cakes that are without compare.” Leonardo Da Vinci in the kitchen.
- And from cooking and art, inevitably we go to drinking and painting.
- If you’re anything like us, this actually looks inviting: a library that plummets into an abyss.
- Some of you may be familiar with the fast-food chain Church’s Chicken, but probably not with this church that looks like a chicken. In the jungle.
- The Ancient Graffiti Project is a search engine for locating early Roman graffiti in Pompeii and Herculaneum. (The Detroit police don’t need it.)