Friday Links: drunk museum dates, Michelangelo’s shopping list, and more
Some stories we’ve been reading this week:
- The story behind the first nude sculpture many Americans ever saw.
- The title says it all: When your OkCupid date to the museum shows up totally wasted.
- A couple of weeks ago we gave you Da Vinci the cook, now we bring you Michelangelo’s illustrated grocery list.
- And on the topic of Renaissance and food, this painting reveals how breeding changed watermelons forever.
- An “underwater archaeologist” and his team found the lost Egyptian city of Heracleion, which has been submerged for 1,500 years. The photos are amazing.