Friday Links: Daredevil, Donald Trump, and Da Vinci
Some stories we’ve been reading this week:
- Someone on Daredevil’s marketing team must have an art history degree.
- This Chicago artist might not be fixing potholes, but he’s certainly making us hate them a little less.
- Presidential hopeful Donald Trump has some very specific ideas about how a painter should portray him.
- And apropos of nothing (ahem), here’s a new museum of poop. And here’s one of junk.
- Spain is putting street art on wheels.
- Scientists uncovered the cause of the red spots that have slowly been ruining Leonardo Da Vinci’s self-portrait for decades. Next challenge: what to do about it.
- The Zentrum Paul Klee is making available almost all 3,900 pages of Klee’s personal notebooks, which he used for his teaching at the Bauhaus between 1921 and 1931.
- Conservators are working to open the Forbidden City’s 18th-century secret garden to the public.
Bonus links: What old things have we found now?