Some stories we’ve been reading this week:
- Was Marcel Duchamp’s Fountain actually created by a long-forgotten feminist? If you’re like us, your first thought will be “no,” then you’ll read the story and think “well, actually…”
- Then there are those who tried to turn Fountain back into a urinal.
- For many decades, color film was not sensitive enough to accurately capture the skin color of darker subjects. Kodak didn’t develop a better film for rendering different gradations of brown until economic pressure came from an unexpected source.
- “That drawing is not yours; it is the victim’s.” How to draw like a police sketch artist.
- Photographs of museum security guards in front of their favorite works of art.