The Trout Gallery (Dickinson College)
The Trout Gallery (Dickinson College) has contributed more than 8,000 images of works in its permanent collection to the Artstor Digital Library.
Located in the Emil R. Weiss Center for the Arts, the museum houses the college’s global collection of art and ethnological artifacts, encompassing ancient through contemporary times. The collection, which is comprehensively represented in the Artstor selection, comprises more than 6,000 objects, with particular strengths in American and European prints from the 19th through 20th centuries, as well as photography, West African sculpture, Asian art, and Native American and Oceanic objects.
The Trout Gallery was founded in 1983 by sisters Ruth A. Trout (class of 1936) and Helen E. Trout, in honor of their parents, Mr. and Mrs. Brook Trout. It serves the Dickinson College and central-Pennsylvania community through the preservation, display, and interpretation of works from its permanent collection, in conjunction with temporary exhibitions from lending institutions.
Want to add your own collection to the Artstor Digital Library? Learn how to contribute