Artstor is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We apply WCAG and Section 508 standards to improve the user experience for everyone.
A full WCAG 2.0 audit was completed (which encompasses the new Section 508 standards) and you may view the VPAT 2.0 document as a PDF. The document is based on the updated VPAT template created by the Information Technology Industry Council in October 2017.
Conformance status and measure to support accessibility
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities in three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
During our site audit and VPAT completion in 2017 and early 2018, we identified a number of usability barriers that negatively affected our level of conformance; in response, members of our support and product teams created a roadmap to plan and communicate the necessary work. These items were completed in early 2019, increasing our level of compliance. Our next audit will identify our current level and help us prioritize any further barriers.
Through the remediation process we added:
- Additional support for keyboard tabbing and navigational shortcuts
- Access to image metadata and page and field labels for screen readers
- Updates to our site colors to meet contrast minimums
- Responsive design, which allows for the adjustment of font size, color contrast and zooming
- Automated testing for keyboard accessibility for when new features are designed and developed
- Additional headings and labels to buttons, form fields, and page structure to make this contextual information available to assistive technology
The Artstor site does not support versions of Internet Explorer earlier than v. 11. We support current browser versions along with the corresponding screen reader, including Edge + Narrator, Firefox + NVDA, Safari + VoiceOVer, and Internet Explorer + JAWS.
- The page tabbing order of our full screen image viewer does not completely follow a logical order
- Users do not have the ability to skip through long lists of items in our advanced search modal
We welcome your feedback on Artstor’s accessibility. If you encounter accessibility barriers or would like to request accessibility-related assistance, please contact us at email@example.com. You can find additional contact methods on our support site.